- Why buy Gold Krugerrands?
Krugerrands are the most widely held gold bullion coins in the world. The Krugerrand is a practical and classical coin and is still the best way to own gold since 1967. Krugerrands are commonly known to act as a barrier against economic uncertainties, currency devaluations and severe downturn in shares and stocks. As an internationally trusted commodity, having often provided financial security for personal wealth, Krugerrands remain one of the most successful of all bullion issues. They are durable and minted in 22 carat gold and are the easiest form of gold to transport and trade.
- Why buy Silver?
Silver offers the opportunity to move into true money, an actual store of value, with the potential for substantial gains in future years as its current cycle continues. Protect yourself and your family by acquiring silver with intrinsic value and insulate yourself from the wealth destructive policies of central banks.
- What is the difference between bullion and proof coins?
|Linked to the gold price||Not linked to the gold price|
|Unlimited supply||Limited supply each year|
|Quality: Shiny finish||Quality: Matt finish & shiny background|
|No certification||Certificate of authenticity issued with year of manufacturing and mintage|
- Why buy Gold Krugerrands as opposed to Gold Bars?
There is no VAT charged on Gold Krugerrands as opposed to Gold Bars.
- What are the sizes and weight of a Gold Krugerrands?
- How many carat is a Gold Krugerrand?
A Gold Krugerrand is 22 carat.
- How do I know if a Krugerrand is authentic?
IBV Gold uses the Fisch Test – this tests the following in a Krugerrand:
The weight of the coin is also tested.
- Can I buy gold off-shore?
Yes, we have branches available in London, Switzerland and Dubai. Our experienced Gold Portfolio Managers can assist clients with the purchase of gold.
- What is legal tender coin?
A legal tender can be known as coins, paper money, or other currency issued by a government and used as money. The legal tender value of a coin is the redemption value placed on it by the government.
- What payment methods are accepted?
- EFT: No extra charge. Original proof of payment must be submitted on the day the order is placed and coins are released once payment has reflected in IBV’s bank account.
- Credit card/Debit card: a 3% fee is payable.
- Why are FICA documents required?
According IBV Gold’s policy, we require FICA documents for internal purpose.
- How long does delivery take?
Delivery can take 1 to 5 working days, depending on your region and stock availability. We will confirm once your order has been dispatched.
- When can I collect my order?
Collection can take place from one of our IBV branches as soon as funds have reflected in IBV’s bank account and depending on stock availability.
- What’s the best way to store my gold?
IBV International Vaults provides safe and secure vault storage facilities, both nationally and internationally, to store gold. IBV International Vaults offers clients peace of mind by ensuring the strictest and safest regulations for gold storage.
- Do Krugerrands hold VAT?
Gold Krugerrands are legal tender coins, therefore they are zero-rated. However, there is VAT charged on Silver Krugerrands.
- Which coins can I sell to IBV Gold?
IBV Gold buys back Gold and Silver Krugerrands.